Transforming Young Stars of Africa (TYSA)
TYSA started as a Community Based Group in 2001 focusing on mobilizing young people in communities through sports for social transformation. TYSA is an NGO registered under the NGO Coordination Board of Kenya.
From a humble beginning of six founder members and six beneficiaries in 2001/2002, TYSA has grown to a membership of 15 and serving well over 30,000 children and youth accessing its services directly and indirectly annually.
Today TYSA is an NGO, committed to working with children and youth who are marginalized and vulnerable, those that slip through already weak social safety nets and those most vulnerable to abuse, violence, illiteracy, exploitation and disease.
TYSA endeavors to discover and nurture talents; facilitate equitable accessible to holistic education and livelihood options for both boys and girls; offer safe space for children and youth, empower and increase their participation in leadership, governance and development processes.
Prosperous youth and Communities.
To inspire and empower marginalized and vulnerable young people in Kenya through Value Based Sports.
- To Reduce barriers to equitable access, retention and completion of education at primary level in TYSA target schools and communities
- To increase participation of youth in Leadership, governance and development processes
- To increase employability and entrepreneurship among TYSA contact youth
- To increase opportunities for participation in value based sports and creative arts by children and youth in TYSA target schools & communities
- To improve organizational effectiveness and performance of TYSA to achieve the strategic objectives